Re: negative dates in v$ tables

From: Gary Kirsh <gkirsh_at_news.dorsai.org>
Date: 1995/05/05

shcho_at_banmail.ml.com wrote:
: When querying the writetim column in the v$filestat dynamic performance table,
: I obtain the value -9.23E+08. I understand thatOracle starts "wrapping around"
: on time values if the db is up for an extended period of time.
: Does anyone know a workaround to this problem? At what point do these times
: "max out"? Is there an algorithim I can use to convert these bogus negative
: numbers into positive numbers?
: Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

: Sheck Cho
: shcho_at_banmail.ml.com

I assume you're doing this in SQL*Plus. If so, then you just need a COLUMN command to set the output format of the column you're looking at. e.g.

column physrds format 999,999,990

will print out the column physrds to 12 digits. Oracle can handle numbers up to 38 digits.

--
Gary Kirsh
Next Extent, Inc.