Global or Static Cursor

From: Amadeus M. Burger <csaamb_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/04/27

Is there any way in PRO*FORTRAN or PRO*C to declare a cursor static or global?

   I am developing a layer to substitute an ISAM record manager with Oracle. One of the requirements is for the layer to support a function to get the next available record in the selection set (sequential reads). This requires that a cursor be shared across functions. I haven't been successful at achieving this. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

--
                                             csaamb_at_netcom.com