Re: MENUS

From: Ian Bainbridge <bainbridge_i_at_perc03_at_bgers.co.uk>
Date: 1995/04/21

In article <3n824l$924_at_gabriel.keele.ac.uk>, brenda_at_cs.keele.ac.uk (Brenda Banks) writes:
::From: brenda_at_cs.keele.ac.uk (Brenda Banks)
::Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
::Subject: MENUS
::
::We have a database which is used by students for learning about oracle including creating forms and menus
::
::We also create some menus ourselves which are for use by some students
::
::The problem is that, anyone who has menu designer privledge can actually delete any menu from the database even if they have not created it nor are able to run it.
::
::Does anyone know how we can stop this happening
::
::Thanks
::Brenda Banks
::
::
::

--
 Brenda,

 I know of no way to prevent this happening. It has happened to me by another
 designer wanting to use the same name for a menu system and just deleting my
 menu system. I was not best pleased ! I suggest you keep a back up of the
 menu in an SQL*PLUS file created by using UNLOAD from the ACTION menu
 (I have assumed you are using SQL*MENU 5). To reload it simply delete the menu
  system using the appropriate option within SQL*MENU and then reload the
 menu via SQL*PLUS - it might take a while though. I have a utility to
 unload/reload a MENU system into flat files which is much faster than the
 SQL*PLUS option but it is written using the SQR report writer so is probably
 of no use to you. Feel free to E-MAIL for any further help I can provide.

| Ian Bainbridge           | bainbridge.i_at_bgers.co.uk|Phone: (44)191-216-0202|
| British Gas ERS          | Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK |            x2790      |