Re: Moving PRO*C Clients

From: Dan T. Inman <dan_at_saturn.uaamath.alaska.edu>
Date: 1995/04/21

In article <D770nw.I6t_at_stortek.com>,
Russell Dickerson <dickerso_at_celsvr.stortek.com> wrote:
>Is there any complication when moving a PRO*C client from one machine
>to another? Does the ORACLE_HOME directory have to be the same?
>
>Russell
>--

Russell,

There should be no problem moving. We routinely (at ARCO) had several copies of the same compiled client on different machines, and just changed ORACLE_HOME and TWO_TASK to tell the client whether to run against the test or production database. Of course, if you're moving the source to another platform/machine, you'll have to update you're make files, but that's a given...

Our solution for the multidatabase thing was to have two (or more) shell scripts (under UNIX) that set up the various environment variables we needed. Then you just call the script to switch targets. You could of course do the same type of thing for clients on different machines running against different databases.

Dan Inman Received on Fri Apr 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message