Upgrading from 7.0.16 to 7.1.4

From: Ken Niedermeyer <kan9691_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com>
Date: 1995/04/20

We are currently trying to evaluate the impact of upgrading from 7.0.16 to 7.1.4. Our platform is SunOS 4.1.3.

80% of the application is Pro*C user-exits. These modules have been compiled under the Pro*C version supplied with 7.0.16 (version 1.6 I believe). The version of the Pro*C compiler with 7.1.4 is version 2.0.

Do we have to recompile everything with the new Pro*C compiler or can we run with the existing modules against the 7.1.4 database? On one hand it would save our customers time and money if all we had to do was upgrade their server and then deliver the next code changes with the new Pro*C version. But if the old Pro*C compiled code will not work well with the 7.1.4 database, there is no sense in upgrading without recompiling.....

--
---

Ken Niedermeyer			| The views expressed above do not represent
Computing Systems Analyst	| those of my employer.... (but when do they?)
Boeing Computer Services (BCS)  |
                                | NOTICE:
Internet:                       | Lack of planning on your part
kan9691_at_eeidf002.ca.boeing.com | does not constitute an emergency on my part. Received on Thu Apr 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message