Re: Oracle Financials Concurrent Manager for Demo System on HP-UX Not Working

From: Stan Wolfe <stanw_at_bnr.ca>
Date: 1995/04/20

In article <3n0tmb$p9i_at_mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>, i-jacob_at_nimr.mrc.ac.uk (Ian Jacob) wrote:

> I'm having problems getting the concurrent manager to work for the demo
> system provided for Oracle Financials. The user is MODEL90/FND
> (standard).
>
> The manager seems to start, but no workers are started. When I review
> the status from within the package, it says the manager is not running.
> The production system seems to be working OK.
>
> Any ideas?

Check permissions on $FND_TOP/log (or whatever you called it). If permissions are OK, then you should have a MODEL90.mgr (or whatever). There may be a clue or even an ORA error message in there. Other stupid things you might check are that there are > 0 number of processes allowed in the Workshifts zone of the "Define Concurrent Manager" form. But, my problems getting the concmgr up and running in a new instance under HP-UX has almost always been a problem with permissions.

Stan Wolfe Received on Thu Apr 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message