Re: Oracle 7.1.4 & Solaris 2.4

From: Vish Gopalan <vgopalan_at_borg24.jsc.nasa.gov>
Date: 1995/04/20

Don Lamb <dlamb_at_adm.sps.lane.edu> wrote:

> Hello netters...
>
> I'm in the process of installing Oracle 7.1.4 on Solaris 2.4, but I've
> ran into a problem. During the install, Oracle wants to know the
> location of the libXm.a library. The problem is that Solaris 2.4
> ships with version 1.2.3 of the Motif libraries, which are dynamic
> not static. The dynamic library contains files with .so extensions,
> not .a extensions of the static library. What is the solution to this,
> upgrading to a newer version of Oracle ? I've logged a TAR, but alas,
> no call back yet. Any help would be appreciated.

I supplied the path name (/usr/dt/lib) and simply ignored the warning message that follows. Everything is running fine. We have not encountered any problems during execution of CDE tools. I ran into several bugs with CASE 5.1.8 that were unrelated to Motif libraries or the install procedure.

Hope this helps.

                                  """
                                 (o o)
|                             Vish Gopalan                             |
|                         Information Systems                          |
|                      Architecture & Integration                      |
|                   International Space Station, NASA                  |
| E-mail: vgopalan_at_borg24.jsc.nasa.gov           Phone: (713) 280-7473 |