Re: Oracle 7 performace? Sparc 20 Vs RS/6000

From: Lisa Roderick <lisa.roderick_at_mko.mts.dec.com>
Date: 1995/04/14

In article <3mhgi3$qtu_at_trakker.mcdermott.com>, jeffery.hausler_at_HEC.mcdermott.com says...

>Looking to buy a new box. Which platform has the best
>performance: Sparc 20 running Solaris Vs RS/6000 C-10 and AIX.?
>How/where can I get performance benchmarks for Oracle running
>under various platforms. Are there other considerations I should
>be aware of. Any help on deciding between these boxes would be
>appreciated.

You can get the best performance (as well as price) with an AlphaServer running Digital UNIX! Send mail to csgperf_at_perfom.enet.dec.com for more info on our performance with the industry-standard benchmarks. Send me mail for information on Oracle-based applications performance.

--
Lisa Roderick
Applications Systems Engineering Performance Group