New CDE2 Case WILL NOT INSTALL!

From: Olywa <olywa_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/04/01

I can't get the server side to install with the brand new CDE2 Case 6.0.4.  Client side went fine. Server gets windows protection fault when running sqlplus against Solaris server and also when installing to personal oracle. The personal oracle blow up is in the 71.dll file.

Note: I have done a number of Case 5.1 dictionary installs with no problem. Designer 5.1 worked fine with OS/2 server (but not with Solaris server due to tcp/ip stability problems under OS/2 - that's why we MUST use the MS Windows based tools).

I will try again ( it takes around 3 hours to install using a state of the art pentium 90 with 32 meg ram). It always blows towards the end, too.

Thanks Oracle!

Gary Melhaff
Oracle DBA
Wa State Department of Natural Resources Solaris, Windows 3.11 for Workgroups, Novell 3, Sparc1000, SparcArray gmjj490_at_wadnr.gov
olywa_at_aol.com Received on Sat Apr 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message