Re: [Q] Oracle on NT

From: Alfred Domingo <Alfred.Domingo_at_ElSegundoCA.ATTGIS.COM>
Date: 1995/03/31

In article <3ldb3p$6ap_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com> toddm73670_at_aol.com (ToddM73670) writes:
>From: toddm73670_at_aol.com (ToddM73670)
>Subject: Re: [Q] Oracle on NT
>Date: 29 Mar 1995 23:12:41 -0500

>We have used ORACLE v7.0.x on NT running on an Intel Pentium and it
>definitely runs better than ORACLE v7.0.x on Novell on a similar Pentium
>Box. Our tests showed about 50% in performance over a suite of queries,
>sorts, etc. However, our research also revealed that although NT is
>available for DEC Alpha, ORACLE has not ported ANYTHING to NT for Alpha.
>Furthermore, their Tech Support assures me no one at ORACLE has any plans
>to provide this port any time in the next year. What is going on here? Any
>Ideas?

Well, I remember that Oracle bought DEC's RDB database business so they might be formulating a plan to convert all the RDB databases to Oracle someday. So I would wait and see what Oracle does.

That's my take on the situation.

-Al

AT&T Global Information Solutions                   "When ignorance reigns
Information Solutions, Northeast                     life is lost..."
Don't blame AT&T for my opinions and comments:P      - Rage Against the Machine
E-Mail address: Alfred.Domingo_at_ElSegundoCa.ATTGIS.COM