Re: Personal Oracle 7 and Oracle 6 tools(Forms3)

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: 1995/03/30

tpagnoni_at_ix.netcom.com (Tony Pagnoni) wrote:
>I already have Oracle 6 for DOS on my PC, does anyone know if the V6
>tools, Forms3 and Reportwriter will work with the PO7 database?.>

V6 DOS tools can work against a Oracle7 server, I do it all the time with an Oracle7 Netware server over SQL*Net SPX.

Your problem may be that SQLPME is not going to be compatible with the PO7 Windows RDBMS! Ouch.

I have an Oracle technical paper in email format regarding using MS-DOS and extended memory with Oracle if you are interested. It says that you can ONLY run DOS Oracle programs in standard mode Windows. I believe that would rule out having the PO7 RDBMS running concurrently.

By the way, MS-DOS v6 RDBMS and tools will not be supported by Oracle after the end of the year!

Good luck,

EP Received on Thu Mar 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message