Your input wanted: Good ad-hoc query tool for Oracle/Mac/X?

From: Felix <felix_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 00:55:55 GMT

I'm looking for the BEST ad-hoc query tool for the following platforms:

Server: SunOS, Oracle Oracle7 Server Release 7.1.4.1.0

Client: Typically Macs (most w/ X emulators), also some Sun workstations.

At HP I used Information Access, which was fairly easy to use, but I no longer work in a windows shop, so I'm scouting out new tools.

Is there anything similar to ODBC on the mac platform? Is "Business Objects" any good?

Your input appreciated! If I get enought responses, I will post a summary.

    / _ \     Felix Baumgardner       Yield to Temptation...________________()
   / //\ \    Software Engineer       it may not pass your|  ________________
  / // \\ \ Catapult Entertainment         way again!     |  | |____________()
 / /____\\ \    Cupertino, CA         -- Lazarus Long,    |  |/______________
/________\\ \     Nerd-Vana         "Time Enough for Love"|_________________()
felix_at_catapent.com 8^) ) http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~baumgard/home.html

    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep,      And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep." Received on Wed Mar 29 1995 - 02:55:55 CEST

Original text of this message