Re: Pentium and SQL*Forms 4

From: Dave Watts <wattsdr_at_hpohp2.wgw.bt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 95 08:58:16 GMT

karel_at_rice.edu (Karel Jankovsky) wrote:
>Can somebody please confirm or deny that MS Windows running on Pentium
>based systems does work correctly as intended?
>
>Recently we heard rumour that Pentium and SQL*Forms 4 running under Windows
>cause other applications to crash or whatever. I was unable to determine
>what the version of SQL*Forms 4 it was supposed to be. No other info
>available.

  We're using Oracle Forms 4 (ver 4.0.13.15) (is SQL*Forms 4 the same thing?) on a Pentium with WFWG. We don't experience any more problems with Forms on the Pentium than we do on 486s. Forms itself will fall over from time to time, but doesn't, in my experience, take out other applications.

  Hope this is useful..

>If anybody can shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate.
>
>Thanks,  Karel.
>Karel Jankovsky karel_at_rice.edu Rice University, Houston,
>Texas

Dave

Dave Watts
BT/D&P/SSI/LSEC
wattsdr_at_hpohp2.wgw.bt.co.uk Received on Tue Mar 28 1995 - 10:58:16 CEST

Original text of this message