Re: Forms 4.0 Question : Is is possible to make a non-navigable text item not appear GRAYED?

From: Michael Pantaleano <mike.pantaleano_at_ab.com>
Date: 27 Mar 1995 13:09:51 GMT

Richard asks:
> Is it possible to make a text item non-enabled and yet make it not grey?
>
> Or, put in a different way.
>
> I want the text item to display text in bold but to be non-navigable and
> non-mouse navigable. I have tried defining a visual attribute to be bold
> i.e.
>
> SET_ITEM_PROPERTY(text_item,VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE,'bold_text_visual_attribute');
>
> Can anyone help?

I think I am that anyone. Your SET_ITEM_PROP command should work unless you are trying that after you disable your field, or then it won't work. So my question is how where your disabling your field programmatically? I would hope it was using the SET_ITEM_PROP 'ENABLED' attribute. Just replace that command with 3 SET_ITEM_PROPs, one for VIS_ATT, one for MOUSE_NAV and one for NAV. That field is basically a display-item now.

mike.pantaleano_at_ab.com
No opinions where expressed here so there is no reason for this disclaimer. Received on Mon Mar 27 1995 - 15:09:51 CEST

Original text of this message