Re: VMS Shadowing vs RAID - your opinions wanted

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kaz_at_sis.bms.com>
Date: 23 Mar 1995 12:59:21 GMT

In article <sedwards.795773013_at_crash.cts.com>, sedwards_at_crash.cts.com (Newline) writes:

|>I'm interested in your opinions on the relative merits of VMS shadowing
|>vs various RAID levels.
|>
|>Some of the issues that come quickly to mind are: Cost, Performance,
|>Reliability, Expandability, and Processor loading.

Some time ago, DEC published some information comparing their different raid options. Raid 0+1 (shadowed stripe sets) was the fastest, but of course, the most expensive. I don't recall where I saw this report, but maybe your sales rep can help.

Joe Kazimierczyk
kaz_at_bms.com Received on Thu Mar 23 1995 - 13:59:21 CET

Original text of this message