Re: Retrofitting Oracle CASE

From: Michael Stiler <mstiler_at_genmagic.com>
Date: 18 Mar 1995 01:18:14 GMT

pkenney_at_ix.netcom.com (Phil Kenney) writes:

>HELP!!!!

>Excuse my ignorance, but I need help fairly quickly.

>Does anyone have any feel for how hard it would be to retrofit Oracle
>CASE into an environment that has been using Oracle since 1986? We have
>an application with 600 tables and have no feel for what it is going to
>take to do this job?

>What are the dependencies in getting this done? Are there sginificant
>gotchas? Are there any experts who may be available for consulting on
>this work?

>Please respond to pkenney_at_ix.netcom.com

>Thanks for your help in advance

>Phil K.

Hi Phil --

Just looking through my Oracle Direct catalog for item re:CASE and it show that Oracle offers six (6) classes, ranging from 1 to 5 days in length, for a total of twenty-three (23) days of class, and probably $800 to $3000 in cost depending on the class.

Oracle also offers their internal consultants who offer 'on site' services. There are nine (9) CASE packages offered, running from 1 day of CASE Executive Workshop to thirty (30) days for CASE Pilot Project Services. prices run from a three (3) class at $5,540 to the 30 day class at (hold your breath now!) $46,500!! Yowza!

Time consuming and expensive? Yes. But you will be served and trained by the people who know their product best.

Hope this helps
Mike Stiler

--
Michael D. Stiler  Sysdate() Consulting Services ::internet stiler_at_netcom.com
             NRA LifeMember   AMA LifeMember   AOPA   DAN