Re: Oracle on PC unix?

From: Jgreene <jgreene_at_aol.com>
Date: 15 Mar 1995 20:45:38 -0500

vencill_at_freeside.fc.net (John Vencill) writes:

> Can I run Oracle7 on a PC unix besides SCO? ie: linux, netbsd, bsd386,
> bsdi, or whatever else is out there? I'm looking for a solution that
 can
> start off small (thus PC and pd unix) but can grow.

I have run it on the Solaris for x86 platform and it seems to behave fairly well. I am not aware of Oracle targeting any public domain markets (if you lack the money for the operating systems which are getting relatively inexpensive, it is unlikely that you can afford Oracle's prices, also Oracle is pretty stressful on an operating system and PD implementations may not be able to handle it).

> I hope Oracle's tech support is easier to get ahold of than their sales
people..

No chance Received on Thu Mar 16 1995 - 02:45:38 CET

Original text of this message