Re: What is ORA-2292 ?

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_tpd.dsccc.com>
Date: 9 Mar 1995 13:18:12 GMT

Mark Liew (cm1bcmlm_at_bs47c.staffs.ac.uk) wrote:
:> Hi,

:> Can anyone tell me what is ORA-02292 ? I can't seem to find it in the manuals.
:> I get it when I'm trying to delete data from several tables within a
:> KEY-DELREC form trigger (SQL*FORMS 3.0).
:> Thanx.

:> Mark.

$ oerr ora 2292

02292, 00000,"integrity constraint (%s.%s) violated - child record found"

// *Cause: attempted to delete a parent key value that had a foreign
//      key dependency.
// *Action: delete dependencies first then parent or disable constraint.

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you