Re: Who knows the name of a redo log snooper?

From: Doug Phelps <dphelps_at_mn26.po06.honeywell.com>
Date: 9 Mar 1995 18:40:59 GMT

In article <rblizard.2.003987D6_at_bb.ultranet.com>, rblizard_at_bb.ultranet.com (Bob Blizard) says:

>I am trying to find the name of a utility which lets you look at the contents
>of a redo log, and get data out of same; for instance SCNs, so you can recover
>to a real point in your process, rather than guessing. I have seen the
>literature on it, but it walked off somewhere else, and now i can't find it.

There is a company called Turnstone Software that sells a product called SQL*TRAX that will read redo log files and generate reports from them.

Their address : Turnstone Software

                248A Huckleberry Trail
		Woodside, CA, 94062
		(415) 851-9576

I have not seen the product, only marketing glossys. Received on Thu Mar 09 1995 - 19:40:59 CET

Original text of this message