Re: HELP on PL/SQL problem

From: Greg Flannery <gflanner_at_mhs-tva.attmail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 1995 15:11:47 GMT

In article <3j3um6$mul_at_polo.iquest.com>, brink_at_iquest.com says:

>Is it possible to execute a dynamic SQL statement from PL/SQL?
>
>I want to build an SQL statement on the fly and execute it as in the following
>example.
>
>CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE SYNC_ALL (arg IN NUMBER) is
> sqlStmt CHAR(255);
>BEGIN
> sqlStmt := 'insert into tableName values (1,2,3)';
> EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :sqlStmt;
>END SYNC_ALL;
>
>Our local site ORACLE support says PL/SQL does not support dynamic
>SQL? Is this true? Any suggestions appreciated.

Oracle 7.1 supports dynamic SQL in stored procedures. Check the Oracle Server Documentation Addendum for more details. Hope this helps.

Greg Flannery
Database Administration
Tennessee Valley Authority Received on Thu Mar 02 1995 - 16:11:47 CET

Original text of this message