Re: Online backups

From: Bob Swisshelm <swisshelm_at_lilly.com>
Date: 2 Mar 95 10:33:22 EST

In article <3j2q4s$1pnc_at_news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net> , colipha_at_ibm.net writes:
>We are getting conflicting advice on whether or not to use online
 backups.
>What is the feelings of this group?

We use them. In most cases, it is unacceptable to our users for us to bring the database down for backups.

If you use hot backups, make sure that you do a test recovery to make sure that you are backing stuff up properly.

Bob Swisshelm | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com | 317 276 5472 Eli Lilly and Company | Lilly Corporate Center | Indianapolis, IN 46285 Received on Thu Mar 02 1995 - 16:33:22 CET

Original text of this message