Re: Drop user cascade eqvivalent in version 6 ?

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 08:14:39 GMT

je_at_nera.no (Jan-Olav Eide) writes:
: In ORACLE version 7.1 I can do a 'drop user cascade' command in
: order to remove a user and his database objects. How can I achieve
: the same functionality in version 6.0.34 ?
: --
: Jan-Olav Eide NERA AS, Box 27, N-1361 Billingstad, Norway
: email : je_at_nera.no
: "I don't believe in astrology, but then I'm a capricorn, and capricorns
: don't believe in astrology".

Unfortunatelly, you cannot in v6.
You can write a quick SQL script to drop all of the object that a user owns, but the user definition will always remain in the dictionary. You can prevent the user from using the account by revoking CONNECT privs.

--
regards,
Carl