Re: How is stored procedure created?

From: Russ Seligman <rseligma_at_oracle.com>
Date: 01 Mar 1995 19:02:34 GMT

In article <3ivppe$lb5_at_mailer.fsu.edu> ispa_at_beagle.ispa.fsu.edu (ispa) writes:
> How is a stored procedure creted and used?
> Let's take for example the following PL/SQL script.
>
> (...PL/SQL proc deleted...)
>
> Let's say I want to turn it into a store procedure which takes
> a parameter for the value of num (see PL/SQL procedure).
>
> How do I do it? And how can I call it?

The correct answer is: "With Oracle Procedure Builder!"

Use Procedure Builder--a GUI PL/SQL development environment--to create, test, and debug a local (client-side) program unit. To turn it into a stored program unit, you simply drag the procedure's icon onto the server's icon! No more SQL*Plus, and forget about "CREATE OR REPLACE"!

--Russ

Russ Seligman                 "If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe
Oracle Corporation             there's something wrong with the universe."
rseligma_at_us.oracle.com           --Beverly Crusher, ST:TNG