Win-NT Oracle 7 on standalone machine?

From: LM Gardner <lm-gardn_at_uwe.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 1995 23:51:24 GMT

Hi all
4~
Does anyone know if it is possible to use Oracle 7 OWS (the one off the www.oracle.com site) as a standalone version? I use Windows NT as my operating system on my desktop machine (workstation 3.5 version), and I would like to use OWS7.1 as a standalone rdbms with CDE tools - is this possible?

I have tried to install the OWS system and it installs fine (no errors), I have also installed the Oracle tools for MS Windows that comes in the OWS compressed file - these to install without error. It is only when I try to startup the rdbms do I get the error :-

ORA-03121 - No interface driver connected ....

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
4~
Leigh

racitOB Received on Sun Feb 26 1995 - 00:51:24 CET

Original text of this message