Re: ORACLE training info. needed

From: Keith Davidson <frozzboz_at_zork.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 11:30:14 +0000

In article: <3if1ie$1djd_at_unixfe.rl.ac.uk> andrew_at_inf.rl.ac.uk (Andrew McDermott) writes:

> I'm writing a Pro*C interface to a program to fetch items out of an
> Oracle database. When I run the program I get nothing out of the
> database.
>
> My next action was to make the program generate the SQL that one would
> type in to SQLPLUS to get back the same data. When I cut/paste this
> into SQLPLUS I get back what I expect.
>
> So what the *** is going on? I'm using the same username and password
> in the program that I use with SQLPLUS. Does the owner of the database
> I'm accessing need to set something for me to read it through a
> program? Am I missing something obvious?

Check very carefully the variables used in the where clause, are they really there, and correctly setup for the query. Use a debugger, or stick in some printf's prior to the query execution to confirm.

>--<

frozzboz_at_zork.demon.co.uk (Keith Davidson)

Watch out The Borg are about Received on Thu Feb 23 1995 - 12:30:14 CET

Original text of this message