Re: sga and shared pool size

From: C:DEMONSPOOLMAIL <tim_at_artemis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 1995 07:00:03 +0000

--

	There is more than one parameter which govens the total size of the
sga.

	The major ones are as follows.

	db_block_buffers  	: this determines the number of database
				buffers available for in memory block
				caching

	db_block_size		:  the size of each block.

	shared_pool_size	: the amount of memory you wish to reserve for
				caching of sql statements, procedures and pl/sql
				blocks.

	log_buffer		:  the size of the redo log buffer

	sizing these correctly is critical for the performance of your system.

---

	Tim L