Re: ProC compilation problems with Oracle V2.1.4

From: Joe Halpin <jhalpin_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 1995 17:48:12 GMT

In article <3i139e$rjg_at_homesick.cs.unlv.edu> eugene_at_unlv.edu (Yu Kin Ho) writes:

>Our Oracle server has been upgraded to Version 7.1.4 currently and
>we are running Solaris 2.3.
>We have some programs in pro*C used to compile and run from the
>old version, now couldn't be compiled correctly.
>
>Before I have my own makefile which now doesn' work.
>So I tried to use the proc.mk file in $(ORACLE_HOME)/proc/lib.
>I edited the proc.mk file just adding a library.
>
>Here is the compilation commands generated by the proc.mk.
>
>cc -I. -O -xcg92 -L/private/local/oracle7/lib -o UpdateClarkTable UpdateClarkTable.o -lsql
>/private/local/oracle7/lib/osntab.o -lsqlnet -lora -lsqlnet -lora -lnlsrtl -lcv6 -lcore -lnlsrtl -lcv6
>-lcore `cat /private/local/oracle7/rdbms/lib/sysliblist` /private/local/adm/acct/src/global/libBill.a
>
>And here is the error message:
>
>Undefined first referenced
> symbol in file
>__cg92_libc (command line)
>ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to UpdateClarkTable
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `build'

I'm using 7.1.3, which apparently isn't quite the same as 7.1.4, so I can't give you a precise answer. I would guess, though, that the file sysliblist contains a reference to __cg92_libc, but that library is not in the standard search path. Do a find on $ORACLE_HOME to determine where that is, and add the directory in a -L spec to your link line.

It's probably not a good idea to remove -xcg92 from the compile line. Solaris uses it to determine what kind of floating point support is in effect.

In 7.1.3 there's a .o file in $ORACLE_HOME/lib which defines the symbol correctly, and needs to be specified on the link line. Looks like 7.1.4 is using some kind of library instead.

Joe

--
Joe Halpin
jhalpin_at_netcom.com