Re: Oracle, Sybase in NT

From: David Connors <dconnors_at_brisbane.DIALix.oz.au>
Date: 17 Feb 1995 09:02:54 +1000

"jcarron_at_ca.oracle.com" <140.87.54.97> writes:

>Hank Ingram <74401.3253_at_CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>>
>> Is anyone using Oracle or Sybase in Windows NT 3.5? We are
>> thinking of using NT as our CS software.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Hank Ingram
>> hyingram_at_mclnsvle.pdial.interpath.net
>>
>> --
>> Sara Lee Direct

>Oracle has a version that will run under NT 3.1 and 3.5(to be certified)
>soon.

I can't get a straight answer out of anyone at Oracle regarding the integration between Windows NT and Oracle Workgroup Server. MS SQLServer integrates into NT using NT's security (a unified login procedure for the server AND database) and stores all of its logging information in the Windows NT system log.

Oracle claims that Oracle7 integrates with NT's services, but they won't explain how, and the details they provide at, at best, sketchy. Perhaps you could explain on how NT and Oracle7 WGS integrate?

Cheers,

--
 Dave Connors                                (dconnors_at_brisbane.DIALix.oz.au)
 Software Engineer                                       Phone +61 7 345 4944