Re: Treewalk question

From: deeptendu majumder <flyby_at_world.std.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 20:07:32 GMT

No select distinct is not what I am looking for. I am trying to cut down the number of rows visited..The table has a few million rows..ideally it should stop walking down a node as soon as it realizes that it has been visited.

I can do all of it myself explicitely. But it would nice if I can make the tree query do it..may be what i need is a DAG walk..

Paul Beardsell (psb_at_sambusys.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: In article <D42o16.GBn_at_world.std.com>
: flyby_at_world.std.com "deeptendu majumder" writes:

: > I have been doing some tree walking with PRIOR/CONNECT query.
: > Is there a way to make it skip duplicate rows after the walk
: > begins. Actually my graph is a DAG and that is why I would
: > like to be able to do this
: >
: > many thanks
: > d

: select distinct ....

: would work but would loose the "natural" tree walk order of the
: returned rows.

: --
: Paul Beardsell SAM Business Systems Ltd
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 21 Finn House, Bevenden St,
: pbeardsell_at_cix.compulink.co.uk London, N1-6BN, UK.
: psb_at_sambusys.demon.co.uk (+44 or 0)71 608-2391