Re: Newbie question: how to change ownership of a table

From: Mark Bluemel <markb_at_pyra.co.uk>
Date: 16 Feb 95 09:44:15 GMT

In <D3t6zM.5wz_at_mail.auburn.edu> jgraves_at_eng.auburn.edu (Jeff Graves) writes:

>Hi,

> What is the right/best way to change the ownership of an existing table or other object?

You can't, as far as I know. You have to create a new object with the correct ownership, for example (with CREATE ANY TABLE priviledge) :-

	CREATE TABLE new_owner.table
	as SELECT * FROM old_owner.table

[Snip...]

I'll be interested to see any other suggestions ...

--
Mark Bluemel	Unix/Oracle Trainer and Consultant
		My opinions are my own, but I'll share them