Re: ORACLE*CASE in 7.1

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 09:17:57 GMT

jenseng_at_cadvision.com (Gord Jensen) writes:
: Has anyone tried using the Case Tools in 7.1 ? To me they look just like the
: previous releases that were in Oracle version 6. Hopefully they at least
: generate ORACLE 7 DDL.
:
: I have heard that ORACLE has another case tool out (5.1) which is much more
: graphical - no more forms and menus - but it is an entirely seperate product, and
: quite expensive.
:
: The only third party alternative that I have come accross is ERWin. It seems a little
: slow as it is a PC Product, and it also does some strange things in the way it projects
: sub-types.
:
: Does anyone know of any other tools ?
:
:

I sounds to me that you are talking about CASE*Dictionary v5.0. 5.0 will run successfully against Oracle 7.1.

However, you are correct that there is a CASE*Dictionary v5.1 that is GUI, built in Oracle Forms v4.0. It does generate Oracle7 DDL, and there is an Oracle Forms Generator for Oracle Forms 4.0.

Currently only available on MS-Windows, but very shortly available on Motif platforms.

Also, available within a matter of months, CDE2 CASE!!! IT WILL BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF!

--
regards,
Carl