Re: Personal Oracle 7.1.4 keeps Hanging

From: Walker White <wwhite_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 15 Feb 1995 13:32:43 GMT

dataware_at_world.std.com (Dataware Solutions) writes:

>I just received the production version of personal oracle
>and I'm having all sorts of trouble with it on my laptop. I
>have enough memory 24M and the beta version has worked fine
>for over a month. The system hangs as soon as I do any
>operation sqlplus,import,export after I start the DB up.
>If any one could help I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Jeff

There is a documented bug in the sndevnts.drv provided by Microsoft. Sounds like that is what you are hitting. Try removing the driver, restarting Windows, and see what happens. I believe it is documented in the README file or release notes of Personal Oracle7.

Walker White
Oracle Received on Wed Feb 15 1995 - 14:32:43 CET

Original text of this message