ANNOUNCE: xdba-0.0.4

From: Alligator Descartes <descarte_at_mcqueen.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 14:13:47 GMT

Hi.

Here are some pre-release notes on the differences between xdba-0.0.3 and xdba-0.0.4.

I hope people interested will read these notes and comment accordingly. There are many fixes put in place desired by people who have told me over email.

Thus, if you have any interest in the future of this product, ie, which way it will go ( straight DB or console/agent ), what you'd like it to do, or just criticism, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Remember! I *will* take note of any suggestions!

Secondly, could anybody ( read everybody! ) who has *tried* to compile xdba-0.0.3 please let me know of the outcome. If it failed, send me a logfile, if it succeeded, tell me!

I want to compile a list of machines/RDBMS/Pro*C version and compiler type that this thing'll compile on. I can't fix the Imakefile and build process until I see these logs!

Anyway! Enjoy.

A.
descarte_at_mcqueen.com

		    Release Notes for xdba-0.0.4
		    ----------------------------

				  by

			 Alligator Descartes

			 descarte_at_mcqueen.com

				 o0o

Fixes from 0.0.3:

o Improved Imakefile

o Configuration via a 'Configure' screen. ** No hard-coded information ** at   all!!

o No requirement for SQL*Net to use the product!

o Protected passwords via 'Configure' screen & 'Choose your user!'

o Improved 'Locks' display. Can query with a mouseclick which ORACLE   PID and piece of SQL is blocking.

o Improved 'Latch' display. Can locate latchwaits with accuracy

o Improved 'Statistic' display. Running 'Statistic' several times   allows readings akin to UTL[BE]STAT to be processed and will   highlight areas of contention in your database, eg, disk, memory,   bad database design, bottlenecks.

o Improved 'Storage' windows. Provides more information on   tablespaces including sizings &c.

o Long queries are backgrounded to allow work to continue.

o Improved 'Rollback' display and output.

o General tidying up of some bugs and loose ends.

--
Alligator Descartes	|
descarte_at_mcqueen.com	|