Re: SQL*Net V2 connect string

From: Roger Bjarevall <ebcrbj_at_ebc.ericsson.se>
Date: 13 Feb 1995 04:42:08 GMT

Henry Yick <92908250_at_cpccux1> wrote:

> On 9 Feb 1995, Roger Bjarevall wrote:
>
> > Using SQL*Net V1 did it easy to supply the full connect string
> > after the '_at_' sign.
> >
> > My question is how to the same using V2?
> >
> > I have tried something like this but it does not work:
> >
> > sqlplus scott/smith_at_(ADDRESS = \
> > (COMMUNITY = SEA) \
> > (PROTOCOL = TCP) \
> > (HOST = sea25) \
> > (PORT = 2767))
> >
> You can create a alias file in your client and server side, the name is
> $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora in unix and C:\ORAWIN\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA in DOS. The content is :
> ---- Cut Here ----
> testdb=(ADDRESS=
> (COMMUNITY = SEA )
> (PROTOCOL = TCP)
> (HOST = sea25)
> (PORT = 2767))
> otherdb= ......
> ---- Cut Here ----
> then you can connect the database by :
>
> sqlplus scott/smith_at_testdb
>
> If you still have problem, do check the file listener.ora in $ORACLE_HOME/netowrk/admin to see if tcp listerner is included and config propery.

Yes thats right, but I do not want to distribute our tnsnames.ora file to all sites where the application is located.

They will get all the information specified in tnsnames.ora anyway. (I will not discuss how it is performed here).

Do I have to create a temporay tnsnames.ora file?

Roger Bjärevall

Ericsson Business Networks AB
SWEDEN Received on Mon Feb 13 1995 - 05:42:08 CET

Original text of this message