Server Abends Compiling Trigger

From: James Meyers <jmm_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 11 Feb 1995 21:50:28 GMT

Our Oracle7 for Netware server abends when trying to compile the following line of code in a trigger:

   :new.("Record") := x;

I am trying to assign x to the field named "Record". I have to use a quoted identifier because "Record" is a reserved word. Is the line above the correct syntax for using a quoted identifier with the host variable "new"? I have tried quite a few permutations, but none will compile. (e.g. :new."Record" := x). Any ideas on how to use a quoted identifier with :new ?

--Jim Received on Sat Feb 11 1995 - 22:50:28 CET

Original text of this message