Oracle for Windows - want some tips/dos and donts

From: <gopi_m_at_ix.wcc.govt.nz>
Date: 11 Feb 1995 00:51:03 GMT

Hi,

This is my first attempt at posting on to a new group.

I want some tips on running Oracle under Windows. I have the CDE2 Tools SDK, Oracle7 for Windows SDK.

I am primarily interested in a trouble free run of Forms4.5 on my machine. The details of what I have are -

A 486/66 (intel inside)
16 Mb RAM

Please do let me know what would be an ideal config.sys, win.ini, system.ini, init.ora, oracle.ini etc.

Also do let me know if using some memory managers will help. I have had to install the whole CD more than a couple of times This seems to be required when tables/objects get corrupted when the PC is rebooted without shutting down the Oracle Database properly. There have been instances when I have had to no control over that - me getting thrown out of windows to the dos prompt for no real reason.

Please send your replies to

   gopi_m_at_kosmos.wcc.govt.nz
M.Gopikrishna
Wellington
New Zealand.

Thank you very much foyour response (in anticipation).

Gopikrishna Received on Sat Feb 11 1995 - 01:51:03 CET

Original text of this message