Re: [R} CDE Motif Libs on SunOS 4.1.3 - O7.1.3

From: Leng Kaing <leng_at_cougar.vut.edu.au>
Date: 10 Feb 1995 13:47:04 +1100

Phil Fielder (fimad_at_archie.lanl.gov) wrote:
: We are having problems w/ CDE Motif apps on a Sparc 10 client,
: running OS 4.1.3. We have a copy of OSF Motif 1.2.2 and
: can relink the apps w/o errors, but they (e.g databrowser)
: core dump at invocation. Oracle supports claims that they
: only support IXI Motif libraries. Does any one have
: information concerning this company and if these libs
: are incompatible with the OSF version?

Phil,
I'm working with the same environment as you. Although I haven't invoked every tool that comes with 7.1.3, I've found that f40desm and r20desm doesn't cause a core dump. I can create, generate and run them in motif (to my surprise). But netman is a problem. It keeps on core dumping. And that's as far as I got.

By the way, if you receive any private mails, could you please forward them to me as well?

Thanx,
Leng.

--

Leng Kaing, Software Consultant, VUT - Footscray Campus
Dept of IT & S, PO Box 14428 MMC, Melbourne 3000, Australia