Re: Where are the error code

From: W.E. Nichols <wen_at_infi.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 06:48:49 est

> ** New Jet database engine 2.0 errors, which result from
> new database engine behavior, will be returned as unknown
> errors ("Reserved error <error number.>"). The error
> numbers listed in the error messages are version 2.0
> Jet database engine numbers. To determine the message
> associated with an error number, search for "error codes"
> in Microsoft Access 2.0 Help.

> I have looked there it only lists about 60 ACCESS BASIC errors. I even
>ran the Code that makes a table. That was of no use.

> HOW the HELL do we know what these NO TEXT FOR THIS ERROR's mean?

> I NEED to know what -8261 means! It just says "No text for this error"

> Update: I found out that -8261 (After A LOT of experimenting!)
>that it means "A required field was left empty (user specified required))

> But how can you find out what these types mean?

You have found part of it, now go find the field that was left blank. There are 32k+ error code and only 700+ are defined by MS. The rest are errors you created yourself.

NIckN

W.E. "Nick" Nichols          Illegitimi non Carborundum
Divergent Resources     ********************************
wen_at_infi.net                     I don't work for the governemnt,
CIS 71242,2077               so I can speak with complete honesty!