Re: Utility to dump an Oracle table

From: Henry Yick <92908250_at_cpccux1>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 00:38:33 +0800

On Tue, 7 Feb 1995, Susan Wagner wrote:

> DB2 has a utility - I think it's called DSNUTIL. It will download a DB2
> table in fixed column flat file format. Does anyone know if there is an
> Oracle utility like this? We do not want to use export because direct
> load is faster than import and we are dealing with very large volumes.

No, but you can use the spool function to do the simliar things. First write a sql script like that :

----Cut here-----
set pause off
set pageheader off
set echo off
col col1 fromat ????
.
.
col coln fromat ????
spool output.file

select col1,....,coln
from table
where blah blah blah....

spool off
disconnect
----Cut here-----

And then you can use the SQL*Loader to load the file to the database. Does this help?
-

      __       _        | Yick Ka Yuen, Henry | City Univserity of Hong Kong
 |_| |_  |\ | |_| \ /   | Email : 92908250_at_cpccux1.cityu.edu.hk
 | | |__ | \| | \  | .  | Computer Studies, Year 3/4
- Learn from yesterday, live for tomorrow. Received on Wed Feb 08 1995 - 17:38:33 CET

Original text of this message