Re: Importing Paradox or dBase tables ???

From: Yoshiaki Igarashi 043-211-1307 710-4368 <igarashi_at_condor.mk.sii.co.jp>
Date: 8 Feb 95 00:37:16 GMT

Tony Bravo (tbrav_at_ctp.com) wrote:
: You need to use SQL*Loader - at least for the simple comma delimited format.
: For non-simple structures like dBase files I think you will have to
: write some 3gl. Or maybe use a 3rd party product (or dBase) to output
: the data in a comma delimited format.

: cheema_at_earth.sparco.com (Mubashir Cheema) writes:

: >I was just reading the help pages on Oracle Workgroup Server for NT,
: >and noticed that the "Import" functions are limited to files exported
: >to files exported using the Oracle export utility.

: >How do I import a simple, comma delimited, ascii table or a Paradox or
: >a dBase table ?

: >Any help would be appreciated.

: >Thanks.

: >Mubashir Cheema
: --
: Tony Bravo <tbrav_at_ctp.com> Cambridge Technology Partners, Inc.
: 2361 Rosecrans Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245
: Tel: 310-297-3804 FAX: 310-297-3900