Re: windows nt version of O7

From: Steve Scherer <sscherer_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 7 Feb 1995 22:42:02 GMT

>Does anyone know what the 33MB file on the oracle.com WWW server is?

This is the Workgroup 90-day trial version of O7.1. Pretty cool stuff if you can hack the download time.

>Is it like the Personal Oracle v7 free trial version? What restrictions
>apply to me downloading this file and using it? Does anyone know if the
>CDE#1 tools and the CASE tools for Windows v3.1 will work under Windows NT
>3.5 W/S?

I don't think there are any "gotchas" in the software, but there are "90-day trial version, for sales call..." messages everytime you do a startup or log on to the server. CDE tools do NOT come with it. Don't know if they will work under NT. Does come with a bunch of the Admin tools, Loader, Imp/Exp, SQL*Net SPX and TCPIP, Pipes, Book, SQLDBA, etc.

>Also, if the 33MB file *is* a trial version of O7 for Workgroups, how much
>memory is required for this product?
>
>Thanx in advance for any help!

I am running NT3.5 on a 32MB machine (recommended). Minimum is 16MB and 65MB of disk. This is to run the workgroup server.

If you can, give it a try. It looks like we will be moving our smaller applications to NT servers on the basis of this trial.

Steve Scherer
Westell, Inc. Received on Tue Feb 07 1995 - 23:42:02 CET

Original text of this message