Problems loading DB tables for CDE2 (Win 3.1)

From: Youri N. Podchosov <ynp_at_ynp.dialup.access.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 1995 19:45:20 EST

Hey, Ambassadors!

I need your help with CDE2, please :)

The story is: I retrieved from Oracle WWW site and successfully installed PO7. Now that I received my CDE2 CD-ROM, I'm trying to install CDE2 goodies on top of Oracle 7.1.4 that came with PO7
(or I *have* to use the RDBMS coming with CDE2 SDK?).

The software installation part went OK, but I'm stuck with creation
of DB objects for CDE2.  At this point, Installer has to run four
scripts (or set of scripts): for Tools, Forms, Report and Graphics,
Tools stuff being loaded first.

When I run creation of tool tables, at the very end of entire process Installer reports that script terminated with completion code 32767
( suspicious number, isn't it? :) and then the rollback follows, so
that the pure result of this step is zero. plus31's spool-log shows only "creating tables" (or similar) as itss last line, that's it.

For this reason, no subsequent actions can be taken for e.g. Graphics objects as they are based on things like tool_* which still aren't in place, BUT Forms objects *are* created - I'dont know if it's a completely autonomous set of tables, but this script runs OK and doesn't complain about anything iaw its spool-log.

The database is up and running at this moment, I remember and type in all passwords :) and all utilities included in PO7, SQL*DBA and SQL*Plus all work fine, moreover I started Forms and played with it
(didn't try to create anything in DB, though). I've got plenty of
resouces on my DX50 w/32M and 30M swap file, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I've got another job to be done in rush this week, so I simply can not afford to spend and hour(s) on the line waiting for Oracle tech support, this is why I dare ask here 'cause I see you Ambassadors *do* take care of people having problems with latest Oracle products.

TIA

| Youri N. Podchosov (ynp) *** Davidsohn & Son, Inc. NYC *** 718-234-4140 | | Internet: ynp_at_ynp.dialup.access.net CIS: 72723,2202 AOL: ynp, yourip |