Re: What's the database password in Personal Orac

From: Phil Pilkington <philp_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 21:03:41

Catchy reply but I'm suprised you even dignified that with a response. I am so glad someone is having the exact same problem as I am. The database password is supposed to be "oracle" on installation but it doesn't work for me. It did work while I was running windows just after the install finished, later it stopped working. "oracle" is still the database password (at least if you go into the password manager and type it in and select VERIFY it prompts you to change the database password - indicating that the entered password is correct). I have NO IDEA what is going on. I re-installed the product a couple of times and always get the same result (by the way I am using doublespace).

HOWEVER, I have found a workaround. I found it on the www server in one of the manuals. I created an icon to start the database from the command line instead of the database manager. The command is:

"VSMGR.EXE DATABASE=Oracle7 PASSWORD=oracle ACTION=startup"

This starts the database up no problem and everything else works like a charm. Still bugs me though that the database manager won't accept the password but the password utility says its correct.