Re: Oracle on DEC ALPHA

From: Lisa Roderick <lisa.roderick_at_mko.mts.dec.com>
Date: 3 Feb 1995 14:35:08 GMT

In article <3grai4$eal$1_at_mhadf.production.compuserve.com>, 75457.515_at_CompuServe.COM says...

>I'm pretty interested in the 2100 servers - heard a lot of good
>reviews, and they're definitely economical. One question I have
>at this point is:
>Are the larger servers like ours tuned as general-purpose
>machines (Pathworks, VAX apps, etc.) ?? Is the 2100 tuned as a
>database server ? The ads certainly seem to confirm this. Are
>there steps we can take to optimize our 7000 for Oracle??
>
>Rich

I'm glad you're hearing about the AlphaServers. We're enjoying working with them for sure!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question. Do you mean hardware or software tuning? There certainly are things you can do to make sure OpenVMS Alpha is well-tuned for Oracle.I'll send you my white paper.

--
Lisa Roderick                                     		|
Applications Systems Engineering Performance 	|  Opinions are mine,