Re: Forms 4 converted to Caharacter Base

From: Barberl <barberl_at_aol.com>
Date: 1 Feb 1995 13:14:11 -0500

>My question to the assembled wisdom of the Group is.

>1. Can a GUI application like Forms 4 be converted to simulate a
 Forms 3
>look?

Yes, I am doing it.

>2. If it can be done, what are the pitfalls and possible problems?
>asides from developing the form with a standard font?

Pitfalls: 1. Choose your development font carefully. We use Courier New 12 point.
2. Use character mode spacing in designer 3. Boiler plate text will not align to fields. This can be cured by "slamming" text in the upper left corner:

  1. select text
  2. rapidly move mouse to upper left corner of canvas (do not mosey)
  3. release the boiler plate text in upper left corner. There is a less fun way: always create text in the upper left corner of the canvas, then move it to the correct place.

These are the biggest problems. Received on Wed Feb 01 1995 - 19:14:11 CET

Original text of this message