Re: Problems adding SQL*Net V1 to V2 site

From: William C. McIntyre <mcintyre_at_enews.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: 29 Jan 1995 23:20:10 GMT

feldcamp_at_cs.ubc.ca (David Feldcamp) wrote:

> (stuff deleted)
>
> Now the problem: anytime I try to connect to the V1 service, I get
>
> ERROR: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
>
> The error manual says that this error on startup can be caused by
> an improper installation, but the installation log seemed to have
> no errors. However, the 'checkTCP' script run with the -6 option
> indicates that the TCP/IP driver is not linked into the kernel.
> This seems somewhat strange since V2 is also using TCP/IP and it is
> working fine, although knowing Oracle it is possible it might need a
> special one for V1 support.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I ran into a similar problem when I installed SQL*Net V1 on our Silicon Graphics Challenge (in order to communicate with a VAX client running Oracle V6 RDBMS).

Even tho' when I installed SQL*Net V1 I answered "Yes" to re-link Oracle executables, I still had to re-run the Oracle Installation program & re-link. SQL*Net V1 worked fine then.

Hope this helps! Received on Mon Jan 30 1995 - 00:20:10 CET

Original text of this message