Help Requested with Ultrix 4.3 Install

From: Joshua E Lieberman <wasser_at_world.std.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 16:55:04 GMT

Typo in last post...it's Ultrix 4.3

We are attempting to install Oracle 7.0.16 on a DECStation 5000/200 running Ultrix 4.3. The installer stops every time with

   "orainst 134: nnnn memory fault" in the midst of decompressing libraries from the cdrom to the oracle home directory. Tech Support suspects inadequate shared memory, but all teh suggested parameters changes have failed to help.

I would very much like to hear from anyone else who has done a similar installation what configuration parameters they might have used. Perhaps a copy of a kernel configuration file ?

Many thanks in advance.

Joshua Lieberman
ENSR Consulting and Engineering
508-635-9500
wasser_at_world.std.com Received on Tue Jan 17 1995 - 17:55:04 CET

Original text of this message