Re: DB writers

From: Glenn Travis <gtravis_at_richmond.infi.net>
Date: 16 Jan 1995 21:45:57 GMT

In article <3fb9ou$nh3_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com>, bpearc1_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com says...
Glenn Travis (gtravis_at_richmond.infi.net) wrote: : Anyone know of the existing bugs with DB writers in v7.0.16?

: gtravis_at_richmond.infi.net

There is a bug in Oracle V7.0.16 running under Ultrix V4.4 (which could possibly exist on other ports as well). Whenever we were running multiple
db writers at our site and tried to drop, extend, or take a tablespace offline, the entire database would core dump!!!!!!!!!!

Oracle did provide a fix to this problem. I did not retain the bug number
or I would pass it along. Hope this helps a little.

Byron Pearce                        |  The thoughts and views herein do
not
Tandy Information Services          |  necessarily reflect that of Tandy
byron.pearce_at_tandy.com              |  Corporation.

"It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."

I got the scoop from several in this newsgroup and the bug # from Oracle.

I suggest everyone with multiple db_writers read this one; Bug # 169343. Received on Mon Jan 16 1995 - 22:45:57 CET

Original text of this message