Re: What's Project X?

From: Steven Whatley <swhatle_at_starbase.neosoft.com>
Date: 12 Jan 1995 14:16:51 GMT

Harry Boswell (hboswell_at_apollo.wes.army.mil) wrote:
: On the subject of Oracle's development tools, is Oracle going to be
: offering anything that will let me distribute developed applications
: royalty-free? We distribute to sometimes hundreds of users across
: the country (and world), and current funding rarely supports the
: cost of Oracle tools for every user. Because of that, we have moved
: towards building apps with Visual Basic or other products as the
: front end to our Oracle DBs.

We (us CDE2 Ambassadors) gave Oracle a strong message that we want royalty-free run-time and that it will be to their benefit as well ours to do it. They got the message and are seriously considering it. We will have wait and see what happens. That is all I can say at this point.

Later,
Steven

 _   _  _ _  __ : Steven Whatley              \ The opinions expressed are my
|_  |_|  |  |   : System Analyst/Programmer    \ own.  You may freely copy,
 _| | | _|_ |__ : swhatle_at_starbase.neosoft.com  \_use,_or_ignore_them._______
                : Oracle CDE2 Ambassador: Feel free to ask questions about CDE2!
Scientific Applications International Corporation (An employee-owned company) Received on Thu Jan 12 1995 - 15:16:51 CET

Original text of this message