!! SQL*Loader versus Import/Export !!

From: Dennis Harvey <harvey_at_metropolis.com>
Date: 9 Jan 1995 22:28:17 GMT

I am trying to load data from a non-Oracle database where some of the data destined for varchar2(255) fields has embedded <CR><LF>s
(carriage return, linefeeds) in them. I WANT to retain the <CR><LF>
in the data. Please take in on faith that there is a good reason why I want to retain these in the data.

An example of the type of data I want to load is similar to this SQL statement:

insert into mytable (mytext)
values
('line one' || CHR(13) || '

  line two' || CHR(13) || '
  line three');

I have been looking for a way to do this using SQL*Loader. Does anyone have any ideas for an easy way to do this? Would IMPORT work?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis Harvey
harvey_at_metropolis.com
Metropolis Software Inc. Received on Mon Jan 09 1995 - 23:28:17 CET

Original text of this message